The Allendale Ambulance Corps
We were founded in June of 1937. A group of 17 men were the Charter Members, trained in first aid. This was the first ambulance service to be formed in Northwest Bergen County. From its beginnings, the corps served the towns of Allendale, Saddle River, Waldwick, Franklin Lakes, Ramsey, Ho-Ho-Kus and Upper Saddle River and covered the area of Route 17 from the NY state line to Route 4 in Paramus.